- RMIT Vietnam 20th Anniversary: Your 20s only come once, so don’t be afraid to fail
- Podcast- Dear Our Community: Social impact goes hand in hand with sustainability
- Interview – Sandla: Study abroad experience and search for scholarships
- Podcast- ASE with Darren: Making a Living by Making a Difference
- Experience sharing blog – Noron.vn: Mobilizing resources – Starting a business from 0 VND
- Experience sharing blog – Noron.vn: How to use 24h/day most effectively
- Experience sharing blog – Noron.vn: How to practice English communication to be confident in 1 year
Ho Thai Binh
Although studying Commerce and Finance, Binh has long been interested in using his knowledge of business to solve social problems. Since he was a student, he has founded and led many non-profit organizations that address environmental and educational issues. As a result, Binh understands the importance of applying business strategies to ensure a sustainable and effective social impact.
In 2014, he and his father founded SiGen to commercialize the invention of anti-mosquito manholes in urban stormwater drainage systems. The solution has received numerous awards for its simplicity and effectiveness. The solution is receiving more and more support from local authorities, scientists, and local people thanks to its effectiveness in preventing odors, fast drainage, and eliminating mosquitoes’ growth and development environment. SiGen started to successfully deploy the solution in many localities across the country in 2019.
In 2016, Binh participated in the First Aid course from the non-profit project Survival Skills Vietnam (SSVN). Since childhood, Binh has survived many serious accidents thanks to his mother, who is a doctor, was present in first aid properly and in time, he realized the vital significance of this skill for the community. Binh created the First Aid mobile application which is the first-aid instruction mobile application in Vietnamese to give back to SSVN. In 2018, when SSVN was having difficulty in scaling up due to its complete reliance on founders’ time and financial contributions, Binh joined the founding team as a director and transforming SSVN into a social enterprise model. Since becoming a social enterprise, thanks to revenue from the business, SSVN from the charity teaching project for schools has developed a series of traditional and non-traditional solutions to help more than 55,000 Vietnamese people access basic knowledge. emergency.
Both companies Binh is running are in the Top 10 and Top 5 of the Blue Venture Award 2019. After both models have achieved initial success and proven commercial, Binh is learning ways to expand the business model to make a bigger impact on society. Besides, he is always actively contributing to the startup impact room in Vietnam with the role of support, experience sharing, training, etc. in order to realize the desire to contribute to incubating the next generation of social entrepreneurs.
- Sharing experience
- Top 5, Blue Venture Award 2019 Community Entrepreneur – SiGen
- Top 10, Blue Venture Award 2019 Community Entrepreneur – SSVN Survival Skills
- Consolation Prize, BRVT Science and Technology Idea Contest (2015)
- Dean’s Honor Roll, University of Queensland (2013)
- Golden Key International Honor Society, RMIT Vietnam Chapter (2011)
- Best Club in 2010, Environment Club, RMIT Vietnam University (2010)
- Social impact
- Mentor, trainer, speaker, judge of competitions and movements on Entrepreneurship with Impact such as: Hult Prize, VSIC, SIFE/Enactus Regional Cub, Active Citizen
- Author, First Aid Mobile App (2016)
- President, Vung Tau Alumni Association (Overseas Alumni in Vung Tau) (2015 to present)
- Representative of Alumni of RMIT University Vietnam, Faculty of Commerce, RMIT University Vietnam (2013 to present)
- Member, Board of Directors, Young Officers Club of Ba Ria – Vung Tau Province (2016-2017)
- President, Environment Club, RMIT Vietnam University (2009-2010).
- Educational level
- Bachelor of Commerce, RMIT University (Vietnam)
- Master of Commerce – Applied Finance, Queensland University, Queensland
- Alumni, Maureen and Mike Mansfield Center, University of Montana (USA)
- Alumni, Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative, US Department of State
- Foreign language: English IELT 8.0
- Professional experience
- Founding Member, Director, SSVN Survival Skills Co., Ltd (2018 to present)
- Founding Member, Deputy Director, SiGen Co., Ltd. (2016 to present)
- Founding member, Saola Project, educational and career consulting technology solutions (2016 – 2017)
- Founding member, Representative of Department of Industry and Trade, Permanent member of Japan Desk Ba Ria – Vung Tau, Department of Planning and Investment (2014-2017)
- Specialist, Industrial Management Department, Department of Industry and Trade Ba Ria – Vung Tau (2013-2017)
- Visiting Lecturer, Business English, Ba Ria – Vung Tau University (2014)
- Representative of BRVT Provincial People’s Committee, Southern Japan Desk, Southern Investment Promotion Center (2014)